Maths at Home
In school the children are encouraged to use two particular websites to improve their knowledge and understanding and we would like them to continue to use these at home too if possible.
Useful Online Maths Activities
We make a lot of use of online maths games and activities in school. Some of the links below are our most popular.
- Primary GamesYou'll find all sorts of maths content here, all presented as engaging games and challenges.
- Maths ZoneAnother collection of games and activities across the full range of curriculum content, mostly appropriate to our KS2 pupils.
- TopmarksLots of fun games to play with children of all ages!
Internet-based Activities relating to Number and Place Value
- Chinese Dragon Ordering NumbersLearn to order numbers by playing this fun Chinese Dragon game!
- Underwater Counting GameLearn to count up to 10 sea creatures accurately with this fun underwater themed game!
- Give the Dog a BoneExplore the 100 square.
- Spin to WinCreate the highest number to win the round.
- Eggs to Order (KS1)Ordering numbers according to place value.
- Eggs to Order (KS2)The extended version that includes decimal numbers too.
- Super Sid's Decimal ChallengeCan you match the decimal numbers to create the target number?
- Ghostblasters: Operation EvenShoot down the even-numbered ghosts.
- Ghostblasters: Operation OddShoot down the odd-numbered ghosts.
- Splat SquareSplat the numbers in different colours. Play games, look for patterns and learn your numbers to 100!
Internet-based Games relating to Times Tables Practice
- Teaching TablesA collection of little games from the Primary Games website.
- Robin Hood DoublesLearn to double numbers up to twenty.
- Multiple WipeoutBurst only the balloons that are multiples of the given table.
- GhostblastersUnfriendly ghosts are there to be shot at!
- A BBC website with all maths topics
- BBC Bitesize KS1 Maths
- BBC Bitesize KS2 Maths
- BBC Digger and the GangDigger and the Gang literacy and numeracy activities aimed at 5 - 7 year olds
- BBC NumbertimeNumber Time activities which support the Numeracy Framework for Reception and Year 1
- CoolmathMaths games website for pupils with links to lots of other sister websites such as coolmaths4kids.com
- ICT gamesFun and exciting maths and literacy games available.
- KS1 Maths skills15 interactive activities covering a range of mathematical skills, aimed at children in Years 1 and 2
- KS2 revision websiteThere are parent and pupil information sections – click on the maths link on the left hand side - some resources are free but a login and password need to be set up to access the majority of resources
- MAD 4 MathsFun maths games for children and advice section for parents - good for higher ability KS1 children and times table practise!
- Math PlaygroundA U.S educational site with some great games. Try out ‘Pumpkin Multiples!!
- Maths ZoneUseful website with hundreds of links to other websites – most resources are for KS2 with some for KS3
- TopmarksLots of fun games to play with children of all ages! Try ‘Hit the Button’!
- Super Maths WorldMaths games website aimed at mostly KS2 pupils – pupils can log in as a guest or create an account
- Who wants to be a MathonaireAn innovative site that includes the classic game – ‘Who wants to be a Mathonaire? with Chris Tangent!
- Woodlands- juniorUseful website for KS2 pupils to practise some key skills in maths